Studies are always underway to learn more about breast cancer. Each study has the possibility of bringing us closer to unlocking the mystery of why one out of eight women develop breast cancer in their lifetime. Please email me directly if you know if studies that should be included on this site (email@example.com).
I just finished a questionnaire from Dr. Susan Love’s Army of Women relating to quality of life for breast cancer survivors. It may sound trite, but my information, combined with yours and thousands of others will make a difference. I discovered this organization at the Avon 2-Day Boot Camp. They are a recipient of some of the funds raised at the walk, so that makes me doubly interested! Here’s the info:
The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation’s Army of Women Program (made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Avon Foundation for Women) offers a revolutionary new opportunity for YOU to partner with research scientists to move breast cancer beyond a cure.
What is involved?
- Register TODAY and provide us with very basic information such as your name, email, age, city, and state of residence.
- You will receive email updates from us announcing new research studies looking for volunteers with or without breast cancer, just like you. There are many different types of studies. Some might require you to complete a questionnaire, while others might need a sample of blood, urine, saliva, breast fluid, or breast tissue. Some studies might be clinical trials testing a new detection marker or drug. You decide which studies you want to take part in. The email will detail the research project and who and what the researchers need.
- If you fit the criteria and you’d like to participate, all you need to do is “RSVP” and let us know you’ve accepted our “Call to Action.” You will be asked to go through an online screening process to confirm you fit the criteria for the study.
- Once we confirm your eligibility for the specific study, your information will be given to the researcher conducting the study and you will be contacted by the researcher for a secondary screening to make sure you meet the study criteria and answer any questions you might have about study participation.
- You are in complete control and you self select what you want to do! You will never be pressured to take part in any study. The decision to take part is yours—and yours alone.
Breast cancer has been around for decades, but it does not have to be our future. We can be the generation that eliminates breast cancer by identifying what causes this disease and stopping it before it starts. Sign up for your sister, mother, daughter, granddaughter, best friend, and the woman you met last week.